11.14.2009

playlist for 11/14/09

I sorta "liveblogged" the show today. It was a successful experiment. The playlist was neater, I was more organized, the kids at home could follow it easier...good show all around.

The set started out fairly cute and dreamy, then gradually became more rambunctious; wrapped it up soft and low at the end.

hello seahorse - no encontre nada - hoy a las ocho
pipas - barbapapa - a cat escaped*
little wings - boom! - light green leaves*
angels of light - untitled love song - how i loved you*

she and him - why do you let me stay here - volume 1
hit parade - stop - with love from...*
aztec camera - oblivious - high land, hard rain*
david kilgour - you forget - youtube

cinerama - hate - va va voom*
jean paul sartre experience - einstein - love songs
ballboy - i wonder if you're drunk enough to sleep with me tonight - a guide for daylight hours*

look blue go purple - cactus cat - look blue go purple
noah and the whale - five years time - ...the world lays me down*
heavenly - sperm meets egg; so what?! - the decline and fall of...
devendra banhart - lover - smokey rolls down thunder canyon

devendra banhart - baby - what will we be
jens lekman - the opposite of hallelujah - night falls over kortedala
thao w/ the get down stay down - cool yourself - know better learn faster
jeremy jay - will you dance with me? - slow dance

choir - it's cold outside - pebbles v. 2*
jim and the beatmakers - my only one - hei vain
luciano albo - she's leaving home (beatles motown remix) - check it out
gladys knight & the pips - yesterday - silk n' soul

the dixie cups - iko iko - the complete red bird recordings
the monks - i can't get over you - black monk time
valentines - breakaway - if you love me (really love me)
ruby andrews - just loving you - the zodiac sessions 1967-73*

james last orchestra - gonna fly now (theme from rocky)
harry nilsson - jump into the fire - nilsson schmilsson

polaris - ivy boy - music from the adventures of pete & pete

kaki king - saving days in a frozen head - dreaming of revenge
pygmy lush - god condition - mount hope
headless heroes - true love - the silence of love
linda perhacs - chimacum rain - parallelograms


*A lot of the songs played today were from my favorite music blog---that of lihan li. That guy has led me to a lot of good music, and I tip my hat to him.

No comments: